Monday, June 13, 2011

Why not HCG...Again?

A little over 18 months ago I started my first round of HCG.  I did 43 days of 500 calories while taking the HCG drops and lost 35 pounds.  Huge success, didn't cheat once and loved seeing the scale go down every day.  Although I have to admit that I never once went up a flight of stairs with out being dizzy and light headed afterwards (understandably on 500 cal a day) but I still wasn't where I wanted to be.  So six weeks after that I started another 23 day round and lost another 15 pounds.  The second round was much much harder and I was hungry almost all the time with zero energy and more headaches.  After a round of HCG you are to do 3 weeks of maintenance which is 1500 cal a day with no sugar no starches while maintaining a "set" weight.  After the first round maintenance was easy and I was able to set my weight at 150 lbs  (Yes I'm going to share my actual weights with you) After my second round of HCG I often "cheated" during maintenance and it was almost impossible to set my weight at the new 135.  Within 4 months I had slowly crept up to my first "set" weight at 150.  Since then I have started and stopped HCG 3 times!  Being discouraged about gaining so easily I would start a round and drop 10 pounds quickly but feel no energy and bored with the food and slowly fizzle out of the diet and within a just a couple of weeks would be right back up in weight!  GGRRRRR!!!
My husband, Jared, also did a round of HCG and lost 20 pounds in 23 days.  He hated everyday of the diet, but couldn't argue with the results.  A year later....he is back where he started:-(
Since the holidays and a ridiculous about of stress eating I am up even more:-(  Over 20 lbs from my lowest weight just over a year ago!  Shoot me!!  I refuse to go clothes shopping for a bigger size (again) So I was gearing up for another round of HCG-dreading it!!  It's a love/hate with HCG.  I love the fast results!  I love the black and white instuctions (it seems easier to stick to when it's all spelled out for you) I hate the lack of energy, the first week of headaches and the very very limited diet plus it seems that the second I introduce any carbs/sugars I am up in weight up to 3 pounds the very next day!!
A co-worker at my husband work told him about Advocare and their 24 day challenge at work and started giving him samples of the Spark energy drink.   Jared would notice a difference right away with the drink.  A ton of energy without the jitters and much more focus and a "less foggy" feeling.  We have decided to dive all in to the 24 day challenge together and in just the first 3 days we are both down 5 pounds and feeling great!  Eating a huge varity of fresh foods being fully satisfied with tons of energy and headache free!

No comments:

Post a Comment